{"effect":"fade","fontstyle":"normal","autoplay":"true","timer":4000}

Scotland  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

General Goose
(@general-goose)
24/07/2019 9:40 pm  

Leaflet in lieu of mainstreeting: 

The front of the leaflet is a list that reads “12 reasons to vote Liberal Democrat”, flanked by pictures of local candidates and topped off with the Lib Dem logo. The list reads as follows:

1. Political Reform and Ending Broken Two-Party Politics
  2. Devolution Settlements that Give Power to the People
  3. Committed Community Champions
  4. Equal Rights and Civil Liberties
  5. Tackling Burning Injustices
  6. Better Funded Public Services
  7. Higher Police Numbers
  8. Smart and Ethical Foreign Policy
  9. Investment, Not Austerity
  10. An Entrepreneurial and Inclusive Economy
  11. Fiscal Responsibility
  12. Getting Things Done Even When Politics is at its worst

The back page of the leaflet is divided into two halves: the first half, with Lib Dem colours, chronicles some of the Lib Dem achievements in government, with handy icons denoting the subject (such as wedding bells for equal marriage), while the other half, in dark and foreboding blues, covers the recent Conservative record. 

In the Lib Dem side of the page: 

• EQUAL MARRIAGE
  • VOTES AT 16
  • A CLEANER ENVIRONMENT
  • MORE HOMES
  • THE PUPIL PREMIUM
  • TAX-FREE PERSONAL ALLOWANCE
  • SUPPORTING SMALL BUSINESSES
  • PENSION TRIPLE LOCK
  • REDUCING THE DEFICIT
  • MORE MONEY FOR THE NHS
  • OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE

On the Conservative side of the page: 

• CUTTING PUBLIC HEALTH
  • FLIP FLOPPING ON RAIL FARES
  • FLIP FLOPPING ON FOREIGN POLICY
  • OPPOSING POLITICAL REFORM
  • NASTY POLITICS
  • BACKROOM DEALS AND HORSE TRADING
  • DOUBLE STANDARDS
  • WEAK MANIFESTO 
  • NO PLANS ON KEY ISSUES

Beneath this, a by-line, yellow text against a black strip, reads “WHEN POLITICS IS AT ITS WORST, THE LIB DEMS GET STUFF DONE.” 

At the bottom of the page there is both the legally required text and a form that can be cut out, allowing the recipient to get in touch with the candidate, either to discuss issues, to request GOTV assistance, or to offer support.

Graham Adiputera (Lib Dem - Sutton and Cheam)
Deputy Prime Minister
Liberal Democrat Leader
Foreign Secretary
Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Climate Change
Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Technology

Parliamentary - 36
Media - 53
Policy - 48

ReplyQuote
General Goose
(@general-goose)
24/07/2019 10:47 pm  

Scottish Lib Dems Manifesto

Graham Adiputera (Lib Dem - Sutton and Cheam)
Deputy Prime Minister
Liberal Democrat Leader
Foreign Secretary
Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Climate Change
Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Technology

Parliamentary - 36
Media - 53
Policy - 48

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
MP for North East Bedfordshire
24/07/2019 11:40 pm  

Dylan Macmillan travelled to Scotland to discuss the upcoming Scottish Parliamentary and Senatorial elections with voters in his second mainstreet of Day 2

He started off by discussing devolution and Scotland's future in the union with some voters, talking about Labour's record of politicking and the Tories' record of delivering

By now we all know the story, it all began with the Scottish Labour Party rebuking Ariadne Suchet in the press for trying to make them withdraw from Better Together in favour of a Labour-only campaign. That surprised me but it set the stage for what came next let's be honest. During the campaign the Conservative Party and Better Together offered a grand vision of what Scotland would be if you voted to remain in the United Kingdom, we promised to devolve tax powers and constitutional powers, we promised to work across party lines, you name it and the Better Together Campaign were there. Clearly these promises didn't mean squat to the Labour Party because for the next year they pretended that nothing had happened, that we had business as usual. The Liberal Democrats? Radio silence. In the end the situation got so bad that the opposition took the initiative and put together the Scotland Act, a wonderful piece of legislation that delivered on every promise the Conservative and Unionist Party made to the Scottish people during the referendum campaign.

Now I had hoped that the Government would get behind us on this issue, that I would walk into the Chamber to unveil the legislation and the Government would act openly and constructively, oh how wrong I was. I must admit that in retrospect it was odd that nobody from the Government rose to speak on the bill, not one Labour or Lib Dem MP, then of course the bombshell dropped. Senior Ministers in the Government met with the SNP in a smokey backroom to try and sink the Scotland Act because it wasn't a Government bill. Well as the Government have a message of indifference and politicking for Scotland I have an altogether different message.

The 2014 referendum was about showing Scots that they have a home as an equal and valued member of the family of nations that make up the UK, the Conservative Party respect that message even if Labour and the Liberal Democrats do not. We have a proven track record of fighting for Scotland in Parliament and we want to do it again in the Senate and Holyrood. If you want a strong opposition to the divisive Scottish Nationalist Party then your only chance is to vote for the Conservative and Unionist Party, Labour have shown themselves all too willing to do a deal with the Nats and the Lib Dems have proven willing to fall into line when required. Only the Conservative Party, led by Ruth Davidson, can take the fight to Nicola Sturgeon and keep her out of majority government here in Scotland, if you reject the SNP then you have got to vote Conservative to keep them out of office.

He went on to discuss the Conservative Party's position on the Scottish economy

Our Scotland Act devolved unprecedented powers to the Scottish people with regard to economic management through taxation, let's use them to make Scottish lives better shall we? The SNP have raised your taxes, Labour have raised your taxes, the Conservative Party will cut your taxes. In the UK we pledged to cut Income Tax by £800/yr for the average worker, vote for us so we can make that dream a reality in Scotland and give the average Scot a 2.1% pay rise instantaneously. For Scottish businesses we have a dream of a lower tax economy, encouraging job creating investment to flood into the nation from the top of the highlands to the bottom of the lowlands and everywhere beside. Furthermore we will support small businesses with new grants and work to rebalance land reform away from favouring tax avoiders so that we can ensure that everyone pays their fair share.

For so long the Conservative Party have been the party most trusted with the economy, Labour made such a mess of it that they had to revoke an entire budget, have stifled growth, and hiked inflation. The Conservative Party want better for the people of Scotland than their incompetence and the SNP's mismanagement. Vote for Ruth Davidson and the Conservative and Unionist Party so that we can deliver the credible economic policy that has seen us pledge to cut taxes and the deficit giving people back more control and preventing us from crippling future generations with obscene levels of debt. If you want a well-managed economy, vote for it by voting for the Tories today.

Conservative MP for North East Bedfordshire
Leader of the Opposition (2014-16)

Prime Minister (2014)

Parliamentary Experience: Novice (25)
Media Experience: Experienced (62)
Policy Experience: Novice (29)

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
24/07/2019 11:43 pm  

Tory Billboard #1 
?width=1197&height=670

Prime Minister (2014)

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
24/07/2019 11:43 pm  

Tory Billboard #2
?width=1154&height=670

Prime Minister (2014)

ReplyQuote
Sylviane Jaubert
(@ege)
24/07/2019 11:51 pm  

Scotland billboard #1

Sylviane Jaubert MP
MP for Cynon Valley

Formerly as The Rt Hon Ariadne "Ari" Suchet MP
Former Prime Minister and Leader of the Labour Party

"TrashPotato Today at 2:11 AM
my friend offered me a bottle of vodka and i sucked the vodka out the bottle like a baby sucking a titty"

ReplyQuote
Sylviane Jaubert
(@ege)
24/07/2019 11:52 pm  

Scotland #2

Sylviane Jaubert MP
MP for Cynon Valley

Formerly as The Rt Hon Ariadne "Ari" Suchet MP
Former Prime Minister and Leader of the Labour Party

"TrashPotato Today at 2:11 AM
my friend offered me a bottle of vodka and i sucked the vodka out the bottle like a baby sucking a titty"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: