Notifications
Clear all

Press Cycle 27 - The Budget  

Page 7 / 8
  RSS

Sylviane Jaubert
(@ege)
15/06/2019 10:34 pm  

We are significantly increasing investment in our buses because we do recognise that buses are the most used form of public transport across the UK. Unfortunately busses across the country are not performing the way it should, ever increasing fares, closed down services and this government is taking a stance against it. In this budget, we are increasing total government subsidy for our buses by 15 percent. This increase will help with both coverage and increasing fares. 4.8 billion journeys per year by busses which is more than half of all public transportation journeys. Yet we have seen no extra funding from Tories. Only our government takes actions to support our commuters and our public transportation. 

We are continuing our investment into our railways while Tories are choosing to gut it by 25 percent. We are keeping the rail fares the same in real terms while Tories increasing the rail fares. That is the Tory record reduced investment, higher fares. That is how Tories are paying for their tax cuts for the rich. That is how Tory budget works for the rich but not for our commuters. 

Sylviane Jaubert MP
MP for Cynon Valley

Formerly as The Rt Hon Ariadne "Ari" Suchet MP
Former Prime Minister and Leader of the Labour Party

"TrashPotato Today at 2:11 AM
my friend offered me a bottle of vodka and i sucked the vodka out the bottle like a baby sucking a titty"

ReplyQuote
Bertie
(@tonybcwilson)
Anthony B.C. Wilson MP
15/06/2019 10:37 pm  

In a single year; Labour has cut unemployment by 5%. Labour has tripled wage growth. Labour has increased education funding at double the rate of inflation, produced thousands of new beds in hospitals, introduced 10,000 policemen, more teachers, better pay for public servants and the list is endless. Mr Macmillan is always silent on this; where does he strike in his budget? Education, cuts to education. The unemployed, cuts to poverty prevention. Commuters, cutting rail investment by 25%. His shadow chancellor may claim to be looking after the environment, but it’s Labour that’s delivering an extra £1 billion for green jobs. Increasing rail investment and keeping fares down. It’s Labour that is tackling inequality and taking 1.2 million out of income tax. The Conservatives are all talk, and all cuts.

Anthony Bertram Charles Wilson, MP for Darlington.
Parliamentary: 11
Media: 24
Policy: 6

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
MP for North East Bedfordshire
15/06/2019 10:38 pm  

I have been asked what the Conservative Party will do for parents and families, we will bring about private sector investment into jobs through tax cuts stimulating foreign and domestic investment and giving families the chance to move off of welfare and into fully paid employment. I have been asked what the Conservative Party will do for commuters, we will freeze fuel duty and insurance premium tax to allow commuters the freedom to use a car no matter what level of finance they have whereas Labour will hike both taxes. I have been asked what the Tories will do for low earners, we will give them an £800/yr tax cut if they are an average earner or a 25% tax cut if they earn between £10,000 and £42,000. I have been asked what the Conservative Party will do for benefits claimants, we will get them back to work with business investment and give them the chance to keep more of their first paycheck with our tax cuts. Finally I was asked what the Conservative Party will do for teachers and nurses, we will give them a tax cut, we will protect their pay in real terms, and we will pay down the deficit faster than Labour to ensure we can stop paying our international creditors and start sending that money to hospitals and our schools, where it belongs. At present we spend more on debt interest than we do on hospitals and about as much as we spend on schools, I want to see that changed in a sustainable fashion that delivers for our ill and our young without saddling future generations with unsustainable debt. The Conservative Party have answers for every sector of society, we are rebalancing the tax system so that the rich pay more and everyone else pays less, and we are encouraging investment to reverse the sluggish turn our economy is going through this year.

Conservative MP for North East Bedfordshire
Leader of the Opposition (2014-16)

Prime Minister (2014)

Parliamentary Experience: Novice (25)
Media Experience: Experienced (62)
Policy Experience: Novice (29)

ReplyQuote
Sylviane Jaubert
(@ege)
15/06/2019 10:39 pm  

Let's look at the facts, when Tories were in charge, they have reduced the deficit by 0.8 percent of the GDP, we are already doubling that reduction in this years budget. When Dylan Macmillan and his cronies were in charge, that was their record, 0.8 percent. Our record is already doubling their average in one year. Dylan Macmillan can't run away from his own government's record. That is the Dylan Macmillan and the Tory record. 0.8 percent reduction under Tories versus 1.64 percent reduction under ours, that is the only relevant record here. 

Best part is that we are reducing the deficit by double of the Tory without gutting our public services. We are clamping down on tax dodgers, enacting efficiency cuts into administrative part of the budget, investing in our future and making sure the rich and banks pay for the mess they have created. 

Sylviane Jaubert MP
MP for Cynon Valley

my friend offered me a bottle of vodka and i sucked the vodka out the bottle like a baby sucking a titty"

ReplyQuote
General Goose
(@general-goose)
15/06/2019 10:40 pm  

This government's fiscal plan is one that gets at the heart of how government is funded and how government spends your money, eschewing short-termist penny-wise pound-foolish cuts for true and meaningful reforms that really make the difference, that more than pay for our investments and our restored funding for public services. By stamping down on tax dodging and changing tax rules to level the playing field and end unaccountable back-door subsidies, we are reducing the deficit by approximately £15 billion, and we are starting to chip away at the inefficient admin systems, bloated procurement systems, and outdated contracting mechanisms to deliver massive savings. 

Graham Adiputera (Lib Dem - Sutton and Cheam)
Deputy Prime Minister
Liberal Democrat Leader
Foreign Secretary
Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Climate Change
Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Technology

Parliamentary - 36
Media - 53
Policy - 48

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
15/06/2019 10:42 pm  

Labour's investment in village bus routes comes at the expense of the local village pub, Labour's investment in education comes at the expense of a real terms cut to university funding per pupil and a huge increase in business taxes through National Insurance, Labour's investment in the environment comes at the expense of funding for first time buyers. Until we can eliminate the deficit there will always be funding trade offs, Labour should have been honest about these trade offs from the start rather than pushing their anti-austerity message and actually increasing our deficit. The only way to have top quality public services is through the elimination of the deficit, until Labour gets real with this issue and stops trying to claim otherwise they will have to keep giving to one section of society by taking from another. 

Prime Minister (2014)

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
15/06/2019 10:46 pm  

The Prime Minister wants to talk about facts, so let me hit her with some nuggets of truth. In her first year in office she increased the deficit for the first time since the Great Recession, in her second ever budget her Chancellor had to stand before the House of Commons and explain how the Conservative Party's record of growth was being stymied and how the trend of inflation falling had been put into reverse. This is the Prime Minister's legacy: a deficit £20-30bn larger than it should be, growth down, and a tax cut only a quarter the size of the tax cut offered by a Conservative Party that cut the deficit by more than she ever could. The Prime Minister should cut the spin and get back to the governing, maybe even pay some attention to the good people of Scotland whilst she's at it?

Prime Minister (2014)

ReplyQuote
General Goose
(@general-goose)
15/06/2019 10:48 pm  

The Conservatives insist that their plan would, ultimately, have reduced the deficit by more than our plan because they would have not made investments. Putting aside the unanswered question of how they would have stepped up housebuilding and infrastructure regeneration and kickstarted innovation without these investments, these numbers do not add up. I can find no evidence that they would have pursued this government's bold tax evasion strategy - they were not calling for it at any stage, it was not in their manifesto, and only kept it in their own budget proposal this year because we implemented it last year. Without this strategy, there's a nearly £13 billion shortfall in their figures, and that number is set only to rise. If they want to insist that they wouldn't have taken our bold investment choices, they must also be honest with the fact that they did not have a comprehensive plan for tackling tax dodging. 

Deputy Prime Minister
Liberal Democrat Leader
Foreign Secretary

Parliamentary - 36
Media - 53
Policy - 48

ReplyQuote
Bertie
(@tonybcwilson)
Anthony B.C. Wilson MP
15/06/2019 10:49 pm  

This Labour budget brings down the deficit 6% faster than the Conservatives. Macmillan can claim all he like otherwise, that is a fact. Labour is the government delivering strong finances for this nation whilst he plays politics. In one year, Labour is delivering a cut to the deficit double that achieved by 4 years of Tory austerity. Judge them on their record; big cuts and still big deficit. Labour has cut the deficit faster in one year than four years of Tory cuts. Labour has also delivered investment in our services; reversing the Conservative damage. This is another fake budget, by a fake leader. Labour delivers as Dylan dithers.

ReplyQuote
Sylviane Jaubert
(@ege)
15/06/2019 10:50 pm  

When we look at our records in government both Tory and Labour, right now our government is reducing the deficit at the double of the Tory rate. It is our government that is offering real time increases to our NHS, to our schools, to our infrastructure and to our public services. Last time Tories were in charge they gutted our NHS, our schools, our infrastructure and our public services, only to waste those supposed savings on tax cuts for the rich. We are doing much better on the deficit than the Tories by a mile, and we are investing our public services as well, do you know how because we do not offer lavish tax cuts to the rich and only offer it to the people who need it to the most. The Tory budget is a fake budget by a fake leader. This fake budget won't be how they will act when they are in power and we all know that for a fact, you just need to look at their record to see it.

Sylviane Jaubert MP
MP for Cynon Valley

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
15/06/2019 10:54 pm  

The Deputy Prime Minister can pontificate all he likes but here are the facts. Last year the Government posted an increased deficit of some £113bn, that same year our budget plans called for a deficit much closer to the £90bn mark, a difference of £23bn. This year the Government have cut the deficit to £88.3bn whilst our plans would see the deficit fall from £113bn to £86.2bn. That is a deficit reduction of £25bn for Labour and £27bn for the Conservatives, in other words this year the Tories would cut the deficit by 8% more than the Government. If you add the two numbers together for the Tories you get a deficit reduction of up towards £50bn which is substantially larger over the two years than the roughly £20bn net cut offered up by the Government. Labour and the Liberal Democrats can spin all they like, the fact of the matter is that if you want to get tough on the deficit you have to vote for the Conservative Party.

Prime Minister (2014)

ReplyQuote
Sylviane Jaubert
(@ege)
15/06/2019 10:56 pm  

From 9000 pounds a year to 5500 pounds a year, that is our record on tuition fees cut so far and I am proud of that record. That means less indebted students, more opportunities for our children and a prosperous Britain. When you graduate with a huge debt, you won't be taking anything for a chance, you will work off to pay your loan, not apply for a new one for a business or for a house. Tuition fees are killing our children with debt and it is killing their shot at prosperity that we were luckily afforded by our parents. This generation will be the first generation to be worse off than their parents in quite a while and as a mother of two that deeply hurts me, I want my children to have a better life than I had and every single parent across Britain wants that as well. Our government is working to create such an opportunity for our children and by the end of this parliament we will be abolishing tuition fees completely. 

Sylviane Jaubert MP
MP for Cynon Valley

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
15/06/2019 10:58 pm  

The Labour Party are talking utter tripe, this year the Conservative Party would cut the deficit by 8% more than Labour, over two years our deficit reduction would be moving at double the pace of the Government's. Those are the facts here, they are non-negotiable and they are a matter of public record. In year one the Government increased the deficit where we would have cut it substantially, in year two they managed to actually cut the deficit but they cut it more slowly than we would have. For an anti-austerity party these mathematics shouldn't be too difficult to get their heads around, unless the PM and her Chancellor are getting cold feet all of a sudden because they too have realised what we all knew from the start. At the end of the day you cannot have good public services without strong public finances, under the Conservative Party we would have far stronger public finances than we currently enjoy under this Government.

Prime Minister (2014)

ReplyQuote
Bertie
(@tonybcwilson)
Anthony B.C. Wilson MP

Under Labour tuition fees fall yet again. The Tories forced them up £9,000 putting a generation into debt. Labour is delivering and reviving the future of our country. Tuition fees fall by another £500 a year in this Labour budget to increase social mobility. Can the Tories say the same? No. They have cut education and are preserving fees. This Conservative party is waging war on our future. They are saddling our child with debt from university and debt in the country. They are keeping this country in debt and keeping the next generation in debt. Labour has invested and protected our youth every year in government. These Conservatives know nothing about long term sustainability. Labour is cutting the deficit faster in one year than in four years of Tory rule. Labour is cutting debt on the next generation whilst the Tories advocate and forced it up. This Labour government is responsible in delivering for our children and is enabling education rather than cutting it. Lower debt, lower fees, and a lower deficit.

ReplyQuote
General Goose
(@general-goose)

When it comes to the environment, the science is clear - holding off catastrophic climate change, preserving biodiversity, and tackling serious problems with air and water pollution requires bold and concentrated action. This government is delivering on that. We are getting rid of tax breaks and subsidies for fossil fuels, we are providing funds for communities in transitioning away from fossil fuel-dependent economies, we are promoting cleaner alternatives in transport such as public transit and electric vehicles and helping industries reduce their environmental footprint. We are also transitioning our tax system - with measured and tempered increases in green taxes - to making sure businesses internalise the external costs of pollution. I am proud to be in the party that pioneered the world's first ever Green Investment Bank, and am proud to be in the party delivering such a bold pro-environment budget. 

Deputy Prime Minister
Liberal Democrat Leader
Foreign Secretary

Parliamentary - 36
Media - 53
Policy - 48

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 8
Share: