{"effect":"fade","fontstyle":"normal","autoplay":"true","timer":4000}

Press Cycle 3 - The Leaders  

RSS

Steve
(@steve)
Member A-team
18/02/2019 11:15 pm  

"What do you make of Britain's new political leaders?"

Bold your tagline. Open until Thurs 21 23:59pm.

A Team

ReplyQuote
Barclay Calhoun (CON)
(@barclay-calhoun)
MP for New Forest West
18/02/2019 11:21 pm  

I am very proud to have been among the candidates for leadership, and I am even more proud to congratulate Mary Cambel on her resounding victory. There can be no doubt that Ms. Cambel holds the confidence of the party members across the country and I look forward to working with her as we continue to build a stable economy that benefits Britons. Mary now had a mandate from this party, and I am looking forward to seeing her follow through on it.

Rt. Hon. Barclay Calhoun
MP for New Forest West
Leader of the Government in the House
Greater Britain Committee

Parliamentary experience: Unknown (19)
Media experience: Unknown (17)
Policy experience: Unknown (10)

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
MP for North East Bedfordshire
19/02/2019 12:23 am  

Obviously I would have preferred it if Deborah or Jonathon had won the leadership election as, at various points in the process, I had endorsed them both. That being said Mary Cambel is a candidate that it appears that the Conservative Party can rally behind and who can act as a unifying leader for the party and country.

Conservative MP for North East Bedfordshire
Prime Minister

Parliamentary Experience: Unknown (14)
Media Experience: Capable (44)
Policy Experience: Unknown (13)

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
19/02/2019 12:28 am  

This leadership election for the Conservative Party has revealed some divides in the party that it is important that we overcome, however what is more important is that the party works to ensure the security of our leadership elections process. Because of the importance of the security of our election procedure I am calling for an independent inquiry into the nature, source, and individuals responsible for the leak from the Cambel campaign so that we may discipline these individuals within the party. Elections, especially those for positions as great as the leadership, are too important to be tainted by leaks, we must get to the bottom of this and I call upon the new leader of my party to ensure that we can get to the bottom of this.

Prime Minister

ReplyQuote
Dot Wainwright
(@dot)
19/02/2019 12:56 am  

Tomorrow morning, we all wake up in a country where all three major parties are led by women. I'd say that merits some contemplation and consideration.

I'm also right pleased that all parts of the Labour party have decisively rejected overt Marxism. While I have disagreements with both of the finalists for the leadership, both Ari and Manny share my view that, if the Labour Party is to accomplish anything, we must stay relevant. Thumping dusty old tomes about the lumpenproletariat doesn't help. I look forward to working with both of these outstanding women in the years to come!

Dorothy "Dot" Wainwright, MP
Member of Parliament for East Ham

Parliamentary / 7
Media / 16
Policy / 7

ReplyQuote
Sean Fraser
(@conrad)
19/02/2019 1:48 am  

Of course, its important that three women win lead the biggest parties in Westminster and its historic. I look forward to what Ms Suchet will do as leader of the Labour Party as the Tories begin to self destruct. Of course, I look forward to Parliament business getting back to normal, we need to hold this Government and their draconian policies to account.

Sean Fraser MP
Member of Parliament for Liverpool Riverside
Labour

Parliamentary 9
Media 20
Policy 9

ReplyQuote
Alex Cardigan
(@alexcardigan)
MP for Montgomeryshire
19/02/2019 2:16 am  

I’m very proud to support the coalition, and to be led by Mary Cambel and Meredith Hansen-Charles, the best choices for Britain. This Government has got a lot done since 2010, and if it keeps on a moderate path, will be looked back on as one of the most successful in modern history.

Alex Cardigan
MP for Montgomeryshire
Parliamentary - 5
Media - 11
Policy - 3

ReplyQuote
Jack Woods
(@chainsbroken)
MP for Liverpool Walton
19/02/2019 2:56 am  

I am incredibly proud to see Ari Suchet elected to serve as Labour Leader. While the Tories continue to pursue an agenda of savage austerity for the many and hand-wrapped gifts for the privileged few, Labour under Ari will build a movement for economic and social justice, one that empowers those who have been alienated, exploited, and disaffected for far too long

Jack Woods
Labour MP for Liverpool Walton
Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
Shadow Secretary of State for Regions and Local Government
Parliamentary: 9
Media: 25
Policy: 9

ReplyQuote
Michael Kirton
(@michael-kirton)
MP for Boston and Skegness
19/02/2019 3:46 pm  

Labour has gone back to the Michael Foot era under Ari Suchet; the losers from the results of the Labour Leadership Election are the British people who will now face a hard-left approach to politics that cannot and does not address the problems of the world today. Unflinching in failure, rooted in principles straight out of the USSR. That is what Labour is bringing forward.

Parliamentary: 10
Media: 21
Policy: 10

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
19/02/2019 3:48 pm  

Ari Suchet is firm proof once and for all that the Labour Party is not ready to re-assume the keys to Number 10 or to hold custody of the purse strings of the nation. Suchet is a dangerous extreme from the Labour Party's left flank that rejects any notion that our country should pay its own way in the World, a rationale that would squander all that we have done in the past three years and leave us more akin to Greece than an actually functioning economy. We must pay our way as a nation and begin to pay off our national debt, if Ms Suchet and the Labour Party can't see that then Ms Suchet and the Labour Party are unfit to lead.

Prime Minister

ReplyQuote
Barclay Calhoun (CON)
(@barclay-calhoun)
MP for New Forest West
21/02/2019 2:38 pm  

Labour's election of a far-left extremist indicates that they are unable to handle the fragile economic situation. Labour's message to Britain is clear: if the economy is important to you, vote Conservative. Under our coalition government, the economy is beginning to grow and the budget is becoming more balanced. Ms. Cambel will carry on they task, Ms. Suchet will stop us and drag us back into a time when waste was left on the street, and when businesses couldn't operate. 

Rt. Hon. Barclay Calhoun
MP for New Forest West
Leader of the Government in the House
Greater Britain Committee

Parliamentary experience: Unknown (19)
Media experience: Unknown (17)
Policy experience: Unknown (10)

ReplyQuote
General Goose
(@general-goose)
21/02/2019 9:35 pm  

I would hope we see an apology from Ari Suchet for her "who cares?" remarks now that she's Leader of the Opposition - and presenting herself as a candidate for uniting the British people and representing us on the world stage. To say ‘who cares’ when anyone dies is callous, and that includes when talking about Margaret Thatcher. To talk in such a way, to say who cares when someone dies, is to place ideological purity over concerns for the lives of others which, ironically, is the same sin people like her accuse Thatcher of being guilty of

---

The Liberal Democrat leadership contest was conducted with an integrity and a decency that the other parties should learn from. Both candidates were superb, but I couldn't be happier with the result. Meredith Hansen-Clarke brings pragmatism, compassion, intellect and a sense of character and purpose that British politics desperately needs. As we enter the second stage of the coalition, Meredith will be a strong champion of liberal values and ensure that everyone can know the benefits of breaking the two party system and getting liberal policies enacted. I look forward to continuing to work with her in our new roles. 

Graham Adiputera (Lib Dem - Sutton and Cheam)
Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy

Parliamentary - 17
Media - 30
Policy - 24

ReplyQuote
Steve
(@steve)
Member A-team
22/02/2019 7:42 pm  

Lib Dem victory (by process of elimination).

Tories - A bit awkward about that leak, eh? I'm sure it won't cause any permanent damage or difficulties down the road. Some good hits on Labour (though the USSR comparison is a little bit much- it's not like CAPITAL was elected). Solid, but you were on the backfoot a bit from Mac and from Adiputera.

Labour - It's nice your rejected Marxism, as Dot says, but it didn't feel like an outpouring of enthusiasm.

Lib Dems - Or rather, Graham. Probably the best PRs of the bunch, and kicked Labour on Suchet's Thatcher comments. 

Rewards: +2 media XP for Graham Adiputera. + 1 Media XP for Barclay Calhoun, +1 Media XP for Macmillan

A Team

ReplyQuote
Share: