Latest News
  • Welcome to the new forums!
{"effect":"fade","fontstyle":"normal","autoplay":"true","timer":4000}

Sir Harold Saxon  

RSS

Sarah Bannantyne
(@dan)
14/02/2019 10:23 am  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JJkyitYZrZ7yvMsMF3NJLOPdyxuPav0dS_SJLwHJk2E

(I’ll upload bio later on)

Sarah Bannantyne
Conservative MP for Maidenhead

Parliamentary 10
Media 20
Policy 9

Deputy Chief Whip

ReplyQuote
Sarah Bannantyne
(@dan)
14/02/2019 11:37 am  

Updates to bio:

Positions

2003 - Elected MP for Aylesbury following the resignation of David Lidington as an MP

2005 - Retains seat at 2005 election, supports David Davis for leader 

2007- Sat on Foreign Affairs Select Committee

2009 - Appointed Shadow Minister for Europe, oversaw Conservative Party Withdrawal from EPP in European Parliament.

2011 - Appointed Deputy Chief Whip in the Cameron Ministry

Sarah Bannantyne

Parliamentary 10
Media 20
Policy 9

Deputy Chief Whip

ReplyQuote
Sinan
(@sinan)
Member A-team
14/02/2019 12:57 pm  

Oh no Harold Saxon is back. Approved.

“Stalin: Stop sending people to kill me! We’ve already captured five of them, one with a bomb and another with a rifle… If you don’t stop sending killers, I’ll send one to Moscow, and I won’t have to send another” - Tito

ReplyQuote
Sarah Bannantyne
(@dan)
19/02/2019 10:21 am  

OOC: Sorry this is so late, i totally forgot to post this:

Sir Harold Saxon was born on the 6th June 1963. His mother and father where Jane Saxon and Michael Saxon. Michael Saxon was a Barrister until his untimely death in 1990.

Harold attended Secondary school and achieved A levels in Science and Law. Harold applied and was accepted into Cambridge University in 1981 to study to become a barrister. By 1984 Sir Harold became a practising Barrister and worked under Garner & Tanner Chambers until 1989 when he decided to co-found his own chambers , Thomson Moore Chambers. Mr Saxon served as Head of Chambers. In 1992 Mr Saxon was appointed Queens Counsel. Sir Harold has a broad practice which includes commercial law, civil liberties/human rights, public law/regulatory law and public international law.

When rumours were circulating that David Lidington was going to stand down as an MP in 2001, Sir Harold was added to the selection list for the Aylesbury consitituency. After Lidington decided to stay on, Sir Harold declined to stand in another Conservative Seat until the next election. Sir Harold later stood successfully in Aylesbury when Lidington stood down in 2003.

In 2005 Sir Harold retained his seat and increased his majority, supporting David Davis for leader in the following leadership election. Sir Harold was selected to sit on the Foreign Affairs Select Committee in 2007 and was appointed shadow minister for Europe in 2009. He oversaw the Conservative Party Withdrawal from EPP in the European Parliament.

In 2011 he was appointed Deputy Chief Whip in the Cameron Ministry in the coalition.

Sarah Bannantyne

Parliamentary 10
Media 20
Policy 9

Deputy Chief Whip

ReplyQuote
Sarah Bannantyne
(@dan)
04/03/2019 11:24 pm  

Signing out 

Sarah Bannantyne