(@steve)
Reputable Member A-team
Topic starter  

Please remember to bold your tagline.

A Team

Charles Kinbote
(@charles-kinbote)
Member Registered

As I understand it, heterosexual couples can marry, but can not have a civil partnership. Homosexual couples can have a civil partnership, but can not get married. The homosexual community seem to only think of themselves, and now we have gone beyond equality - we have gone from a position where homosexuals were, supposedly "disadvantaged", to a position where they have more rights than heterosexuals. 

MP for Woking 2005 -

TOTAL EXPERIENCE 44

Parliamentary 20
Media 15
Policy 9

ReplyQuote
Meredith Hansen-Charles
(@mhc)
Member Registered

The murder of Drummer Lee Rigby is an awful tragedy, my thoughts are with his friends and family at this terrible time. His death is a waste, a waste of a son, a husband, a solider, a man that was dedicated to those around him. My first response when I heard the news was of anger and hatred of the men that so callously ended Drummer Rigby's life, but we must not give into the anger we must use it to ensure that the people on our streets are safe and protected. We must fight radicalisation at every turn, we must ensure that terrorists are stopped and we must ensure that we bring those who seek to attack us are brought to justice.

Meredith Hansen-Charles
Cambridge
Secretary of State for Education
Minister for Women and Equalities

"Meredith Hansen-Charles...is a deity" - Kandler/The Times

ReplyQuote
Bertie
(@tonybcwilson)
Anthony B.C. Wilson MP Registered

Having received the news of the tragedy regarding the murder of Lee Rigby I have spoken directly to my colleague, the honourable member for Greenwich and Woolwich, Nick Ryansford and sent my personal condolences onto his family. This is a product of the division and extremism of our time. I'm sure I speak for all my parliamentary friends and members when I say, all death is wrong, and for such a young, and from what I've heard, a charming young man who has served his country with pride to die is an unspeakable loss. There are no words. This is not the time for soundbites or rhetoric. This is a time to console and heal wounds caused by a warped ideology.

This post was modified 5 years ago by Bertie

Anthony Bertram Charles Wilson, MP for Darlington.
Parliamentary: 11
Media: 24
Policy: 6

ReplyQuote
Rashida Khan
(@oldkeynes)
Member Registered

The killing of Lee Rigby was a disgusting and horrific act committed in public by two individuals who are the epitome of low life scum. I would like to express my heartfelt condolences to the Rigby family and friends. The fact that Drummer Rigby leaves behind a young son makes this even more upsetting. The murderers of Lee Rigby claim to have been acting in the name of Islam. This bloodthirsty and barbarous act and its perpetrators have nothing in common with the Islam and British Muslim community, who stand in complete solidarity with the Rigby family. Some will say that we should refrain from anger and hatred in this instance towards the murderers. I will say that I am angry and livid. Angry that these two 'men' have robbed a family of a son, husband and father and have used the name of Islam to commit and act of terror. It is important that the rest of us come together at this time in solidarity and support of the Rigby family and stand together for our shared common British values.

Member of Parliament for Shrewsbury & Atcham
Home Secretary
Chairman of the Conservative Party

ReplyQuote
Sir Geoffrey Birch
(@sir-geoffrey)
MP for Bexhill & Battle Registered

The hounding of politicians' private lives and family members is not acceptable from our media. The Rt Hon Lord Justice Leveson is right to call some of the behaviour of some of our press 'outrageous'. However, a free press is vital to democracy in our country, and we cannot have politicians or the law intervening into that freedom, lest the damage we could cause to our constitutional institutions. That is why I support a self-regulatory system backed by a Royal Charter, without the dangerous precedent of statutory involvement in what our press can and cannot write.

Britain and the international community cannot sit idly by as the dictator of Syria attacks his own people with chemical weapons. To stand aside is to abandon the Syrian people to their murderous regime. To do so would be a gross and utter dereliction of our duty, as a leading member of the international community, to tackle the perpetrators of such heinous acts. Instead, we must join with our American and European allies in action against those who gas their own citizens.

I'm proud to be part of the government that has brought about equal marriage for gays and lesbians. This is a historic event that will be recognised for generations to come as a major waypoint in the history of LGBT-rights in our country. As David Cameron said, I don't support gay marriage *despite* being a Conservative; I support gay marriage *because* I'm a Conservative. Marriage is a cornerstone of our society, and it is only right and proper for gay people to join that institution and have their own stable and loving relationships recognised.

It is a fundamental principle of democracy that every voter carries the same weight as any other. With uneven electoral boundaries that principle is violated. In voting down reforms to equalise those boundaries, the Liberal Democrats have turned away from their normal calls for electoral fairness and instead backed continued inequality. I call on them to think again and approve these common-sense reforms that both parties agreed to.

Sir Geoffrey Birch | Conservative Party
MP for Bexhill & Battle (2001-present)
Former MP for Northampton South (1983-1997)
Parliamentary experience: Novice (28)
Media experience: Novice (22)
Policy experience: Unknown (12)

Formerly: Deborah Carpenter, Conservative, MP for Hertford & Stortford, Former Chancellor of the Exchequer

ReplyQuote
Charles Kinbote
(@charles-kinbote)
Member Registered

The failure of Mr. Cameron to convince the Conservative Party to vote in full for military action in Syria, and of his refusal to propose a vote on EU membership is quite serious. I only hope that we now elect a leader and a Prime Minister who is going to be able to deliver both of these options.

MP for Woking 2005 -

TOTAL EXPERIENCE 44

Parliamentary 20
Media 15
Policy 9

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
MP for North East Bedfordshire Registered

I would like to pay tribute to David Cameron tonight, he was an inspirational leader of the party who led us into government for the first time in 13 years and began the process of ending and reversing Labour's recession and deficit crisis. The new leader of the Conservative Party must share Cameron's convictions on the deficit and his commitment to ensuring that the UK pays its own way in the World.

Conservative MP for North East Bedfordshire
Leader of the Opposition (2014-16)

Prime Minister (2014)

Parliamentary Experience: Novice (25)
Media Experience: Experienced (62)
Policy Experience: Novice (29)

ReplyQuote
Arthur Walker
(@chainsbroken)
MP for Rotherham Registered

David Cameron's legacy will be imposing savage austerity upon the most vulnerable - immiserating working families and inflicting un-quantifiable pain on our poorest - all while tailoring an agenda for the privileged few. Good riddance to his rotten premiership.  

Arthur Walker
Labour MP For Rotherham (2014-Present)

ReplyQuote
Scarlett Stones
(@scarlett)
Member Registered

Under Cameron leadership, he should be credited for reviving the British economy, which struggled after the 2008 global financial crisis and we as Conservatives are committed to continuing Cameron leadership record because we’re going to continue supporting business and industry in the coming days no matter who the next Conservative leader is.

Scarlett Stones MP for Chipping Barnet
Experience 43

Parliamentary Experience: Unknown (14)

Media Experience: Novice (22)

Policy Experience: Unknown (10)

ReplyQuote
Barclay Calhoun (CON)
(@barclay-calhoun)
MP for New Forest West Registered

The horrid murder of Drummer Rigby is a grave tragedy and one with which we have become too familiar on our shores. Unless we regain control of our borders, and assert our sovereignty, we will forever be vulnerable to these kinds of attacks. As long as we continue our membership in the European Union, we will have no choice but to be at the mercy of countries whose immigration systems are significantly less selective than we may believe they ought to be. That is one of the reasons why I believe Britain must hold an in-out referendum on the European Union as soon as possible. There is too much at stake to kick the can down the road.

Rt. Hon. Barclay Calhoun
MP for New Forest West
Shadow Leader of the House
Shadow Secretary for Culture, Media and Sport
Greater Britain Committee

Parliamentary experience: Unknown (19)
Media experience: Unknown (17)
Policy experience: Unknown (10)

ReplyQuote
Barclay Calhoun (CON)
(@barclay-calhoun)
MP for New Forest West Registered

I wish to express my sincere sadness at the passing of Lady Thatcher. Although we were not of accord on many issues, I believe that we were of a single mind on the issue that most effects us all even today: the European Union. Lady Thatcher fought valiantly to secure British interests in Brussels and, when it became obvious that Britain was not getting a fair shake, she campaigned against the Union. It is up to us Conservatives now to reclaim the patriotic mantle of British sovereignty and prove ourselves worthy of the great and lasting legacy of the Patriot Prime Minister. May she rest in peace.

Rt. Hon. Barclay Calhoun
MP for New Forest West
Shadow Leader of the House
Shadow Secretary for Culture, Media and Sport
Greater Britain Committee

Parliamentary experience: Unknown (19)
Media experience: Unknown (17)
Policy experience: Unknown (10)

ReplyQuote
Dan
 Dan
(@dan)
Member Registered

The murder of lee Rigby was a callous and barbaric act. My condolences go out to his family and loved ones. Terrorists will continue to disrupt our way of life, but we must not be afraid, we must carry on with our way of life otherwise they would have won.

Dan

A-Team

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
MP for North East Bedfordshire Registered

The murder of Lee Rigby was a tragic waste of life, a barbaric act, and a cowardly attack on British institutions and values. We must never be silenced by political terror and we must never back down in the face of such open hatred. All parties must come together in the spirit of openness, tolerance, and cooperation to build a path forward to de-radicalise our communities and protect our citizens from harm.

Conservative MP for North East Bedfordshire
Leader of the Opposition (2014-16)

Prime Minister (2014)

Parliamentary Experience: Novice (25)
Media Experience: Experienced (62)
Policy Experience: Novice (29)

ReplyQuote
Sylviane Jaubert
(@ege)
Member Registered

Murder of Lee Rigby is a tragedy and we must remember our promise for an open society. We must not accept terrorism and their attempts to alter our way of life. We must keep calm and vigilant. We must continue to strive for a more open, understanding and compassionate society. We can not and must not fall into despair and fall into darkness within some parts of our society and let the terrorists win. The moment we fall into darkness is the moment they will win. We must remember that intolerance, bigotry and hatred is what these terrorist seek and we must not allow them to get what they want. A multicultural and open society is what we should seek, even though dark forces around the world and Britain does not want that. Fight for a more multicultural and open society must go on. 

Sylviane Jaubert MP
MP for Cynon Valley

Formerly as The Rt Hon Ariadne "Ari" Suchet MP
Former Prime Minister and Leader of the Labour Party

"TrashPotato Today at 2:11 AM
my friend offered me a bottle of vodka and i sucked the vodka out the bottle like a baby sucking a titty"

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 44
Share: