• Welcome to the new forums!
{"effect":"fade","fontstyle":"normal","autoplay":"true","timer":4000}

[Sticky] General Press Cycle  

Page 2 / 5 Prev Next
  RSS

Ariadne "Ari" Suchet
(@ege)
15/02/2019 5:09 pm  

Marriage equality has been one of the steps we have taken for a more open and fairer society but the fight to eradicate discrimination against LGBTQ community that continues to persist in our society, must go on. Until the day we achieve a society free of discrimination, sexism, homophobia, transphobia. We can not and will not stop fighting for what is right and what is just. We have to fight to ban so called "conversion therapies", fight for an LGBT inclusive sex education, fight to ban hate speech based on gender identity, official pardon for past "crimes" for same sex sexual activity and many more. 

Ariadne "Ari" Suchet MP
Member of Parliament for Holborn and St Pancras
Leader of the Labour Party
Leader of the Opposition

Parliamentary: 9
Media: 26 Novice (19 base +1 Media I/ +4 Media IV /+2 for Leader's Debate)
Policy: 9

ReplyQuote
Ariadne "Ari" Suchet
(@ege)
15/02/2019 5:45 pm  

Apparently Margaret Thatcher died, whoops. Who cares?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can not allow our country to go through another non-sense intervention around the world. What we have done in Iraq was an atrocity and this is a direct consequence of it. Doing the same thing over and over again to expect a different result is just definition of madness. Assad regime is an atrocious regime that does commit crimes against humanity and Bashar Assad must be arrested and charged with crimes against humanity at the first instance but any intervention against Syria will be a misguided attempt that will make things worse. This will be a first for me but I do think we should take an approach from United States and implement it wider when it comes to human rights violators, there is a law called in United States that is called Magnitsky Act, which froze assets, of persons responsible for what happened to Sergei Magnitsky, in the United States and banned them from entering the United States. We must implement our own Magnitsky Act and broaden its scope to every single human rights violator around the world. Targeted sanctions with global cooperation will do much more to stop human rights violations, war crimes than non-sense interventionism will ever do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact that Ed Miliband had to resign due to abusive Daily Mail reporters invading his private affairs, smearing his father and boldly claiming that this is journalism is not acceptable. We must fully implement Leveson immediately. I wish Ed and his family good luck and thank him for his services to our country and to the Labour Party.

Ariadne "Ari" Suchet MP
Leader of the Opposition

ReplyQuote
Sarah Bannantyne
(@dan)
16/02/2019 10:08 pm  

It’s a real shame to see most Conservative candidates neglecting to talk about the NHS. nothing from Calhoun, Horncastle and Carpenter mentioning investing in hospitals as her only policy.

Cambel has made it clear what needs to be done, £10 billion additional investment by 2017 and the elimination of new HIV infections in the UK by 2020, Clear, principled action for our country 

Sarah Bannantyne
Conservative MP for Maidenhead

Parliamentary 10
Media 19
Policy 9

Deputy Chief Whip

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
MP for North East Bedfordshire
17/02/2019 4:49 pm  

This Labour leadership debate has shown once and for all that Labour cannot be trusted with the public purse and cannot be trusted with the keys to Number 10. The party of Blair, Wilson, and Attlee has devolved into a spitting match to see who Karl Marx's one true heir is.

Conservative MP for North East Bedfordshire
Prime Minister

Parliamentary Experience: Unknown (14)
Media Experience: Capable (44)
Policy Experience: Unknown (13)

ReplyQuote
Charles Trenython
(@axon)
17/02/2019 8:55 pm  

Ideological extremes of any form, history tells us, never end well. The country needs a moderate, sensible voice which doesn't marginalise certain demographics of the country and duly represents their views. There must be sensible debate within the centre ground to provide real solutions to the problems of today - this is not the time for ideological purity. 

Charles Trenython MP
Nottingham South

Experience:
Parliamentary: 12,
Media: 7,
Policy: 6

ReplyQuote
Michael Kirton
(@michael-kirton)
MP for Boston and Skegness
19/02/2019 5:25 pm  

The new Leader of the Opposition wants to be trusted and respected by the British people. Yet at a moment when the country's first female Prime Minister died, the Leader of the Opposition couldn't help herself from seeking the lowest common denominator by commenting "who cares?". Crass, disrespectful and unfit for office: that sums up Ari Suchet nicely.

Parliamentary: 10
Media: 21
Policy: 10

ReplyQuote
Bertie
(@tonybcwilson)
Anthony B.C. Wilson MP
19/02/2019 9:49 pm  

As I stand on these steps outside Darlington Memorial Hospital I would like to announce the birth of my new daughter; Doreen Julia Elizabeth Wilson. I am very grateful to all my parliamentary colleagues for their support and I am sure my two sons: Charle B.T. Wilson and Anthony G.A. Wilson shall also be glad to have a little sister - I would appreciate it if the press were to provide my family with the dignity and privacy they deserve. I shall continue to serve as an MP for Darlington for as long as my wife, myself and my constituents deem it acceptable for me to do so.

The sleepless nights, constant niggles and endless shrieking, has well prepared me for fatherhood once more. I would like to think that as she ages she will be as brave and ambitious as the three female Leaders we have at current. Thank you.

Anthony Bertram Charles Wilson, MP for Darlington.
Shadow Education Secretary.
Shadow Health Secretary.
Shadow Work and Pensions Secretary.
Policy: 6

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
20/02/2019 12:50 am  

Terrific news that the economy has grown AGAIN under this Government. We are proving every day that it is possible to grow the economy, grow real wages, and live within our means. Excessive borrowing needs to continue to be curbed but this is more proof that we are going in the right direction under the spending plans laid out by Cameron and Osborne.

Prime Minister

ReplyQuote
Jack Woods
(@chainsbroken)
MP for Liverpool Walton
20/02/2019 1:14 am  
Let's put the recent economic figures in context. Millions of working people are struggling just to get by, hundreds of thousands are suffering under exploitative zero-hours contracts, too many are unemployed and underemployed. So many struggle to find shelter while houses sit empty. Meanwhile the Tories have pursued an agenda of savage austerity for the many and gift-wrapped giveaways for the wealthy few.  They've been content to oversee an egregious increase in inequality, to leave the marginalized to fend for themselves, to suffer unconscionable trauma and anxiety while the wealthy enjoy lives of gilded grandeur. And they have the audacity to brag about the state of the economy? Shame on them. 

Jack Woods
Labour MP for Liverpool Walton
Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
Shadow Secretary of State for Regions and Local Government
Media: 25

ReplyQuote
Ariadne "Ari" Suchet
(@ege)
20/02/2019 10:48 am  

I am ecstatic to announce our new shadow cabinet. We will fill these spots with bright new names and experienced leaders of our party. Today I will be announcing two positions and I will continue to fill more positions as we proceed more. I look forward work with our members and prepare for a government that will ensure we have a prosperous Britain for all not just the elite few. 

Shadow Home Secretary Juliet Manning MP

Shadow Chancellor of Exchequer James Wilson MP

Ariadne "Ari" Suchet MP
Leader of the Opposition

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
20/02/2019 10:53 am  

It's interesting that Jack Woods would want to put the economic figures in context, so let's compare them to Labour's record in office. During their recession Labour oversaw growth rates of less than -2% and inflation rates of over 5%, contrast that with this Government's record under Osborne and Cameron and we see positive growth 2.8% higher than Labour's 2008 posting and still higher than growth when they left office whilst also seeing inflation of around 2%. There is still a long way to go  but the message is simple, you can't trust Labour to balance our economy and our finances, it's the Tories who know how to balance an economy.

Prime Minister

ReplyQuote
Michael Kirton
(@michael-kirton)
MP for Boston and Skegness
20/02/2019 2:09 pm  

Families get it, so why doesn't Labour? You cannot spend more money than you make. Austerity measures aren't fun to implement, they aren't winning policies, but after the mess the previous Labour government left, it is this coalition government that has had to make difficult choices. And I support them - not because I enjoy austerity - but because we need to clean up the mess left to us after 13 years of economic mismanagement and wasteful spending.

Parliamentary: 10
Policy: 10

ReplyQuote
Barclay Calhoun (CON)
(@barclay-calhoun)
MP for New Forest West
21/02/2019 2:22 pm  

I am proud and honoured to be asked to serve as this coalition government's Leader in the House of Commons. Since we took office, the Coalition Government has taken the difficult decisions which are paying dividends now. The economy is improving quarter on quarter and is showing no signs of stopping. There is still a great deal to be done in order to ensure that the benefits are felt by everyone, and that the fragile economy continues to rebuild. I know that we will continue to achieve beyond the expectations of talking heads as we go forward and I look forward to doing my part to keep progressing toward a balanced budget, a healthy economy and a healthy democracy.

Rt. Hon. Barclay Calhoun
MP for New Forest West
Leader of the Government in the House
Greater Britain Committee

Parliamentary experience: Unknown (19)
Media experience: Unknown (17)
Policy experience: Unknown (10)

ReplyQuote
William Croft
(@william-croft)
21/02/2019 3:19 pm  

I'm very honored to have been asked to serve as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions in the new Cabinet. I fully supported the Prime Minister in her leadership bid, and am now entirely confident in the team she has assembled to lead Britain forward. This is a Cabinet that represents the best of British politics; public servants, coming together and setting aside their personal differences for the greater good of the country. I am enormously proud to be serving in this government, and looking forward to the work we will do to keep Britain moving forward. I will be making additional statements in the coming days to outline the major priorities of the Department in the upcoming year, and the work we will do to deliver on the promises the Conservative Party made to the British people. 

ReplyQuote
Calum Douglas Wilson
(@calum-douglas-wilson)
21/02/2019 4:36 pm  

I welcome the recent appointments by our new Prime Minister, I sincerely hope that this Government will end the witch hunt against our Service personnel. The case of the 5 Royal Marines is indicative of previous Government's lack of understanding of the stresses caused by combat particularly in the Afghanistan conflict. This Government has a real opportunity to protect our Service personnel, from both social problems when they return whether it be housing or job seeking and from persecution that results from their careers.

We owe our Service Personnel a great debt of gratitude and we cannot return that if we insist on leading witch hunts and vying for any angle to persecute them for things they did under extreme stress and horrifying conditions.

Calum Douglas Wilson MP
Member of Parliament for Windsor

Parliamentary experience: Unknown (15)
Media experience: Unknown (7)
Policy experience: Unknown (8)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5 Prev Next
Share: