Notifications
Clear all

Press Cycle 05 - Conservative leadership  

RSS

Kandler
(@kandler)
Member A-team
06/08/2019 1:16 pm  

What does Macmillan's resignation mean, and who should replace him?

Administrator
Labour Party Adviser
Foreign Office and Ministry of Defence Moderator
Media Supremo

Roger Brigham
(@roger-brigham)
07/08/2019 4:56 pm  

Mr. Brigham gave a speech in London, his first public speech of the race for Leadership, he has been accompanied by his dupporters and backers. The media team of the campaign spreads the message via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook

Good morning everybody,

I'm delighted to be here today to announce for the first time before you that I'm running to lead the Conservative and Unionist Party.

It's time to deliver real results to our party, and for this reason we need a strong team with a strong leader ahead, because we must work to be again Britain's largest party and restore this broken country. I recognize that we are very disappointed with the campaign and the results of the last referendum, we had some key mistakes that we don't have to repeat, there's been a lack of mobilization, that's why I'm here today, I want to unite this party to be again a machine ready to win and rule for the interests of the people.

We have to be the largest party in the Parliament by including the maximum number of people to our project, that's why I'm the only candidate that I talk about unity, because I believe that my team is the only one capable to unite the right, in my candidacy we have different rightist ideologies, from Liberals to Conservatives, and that's what we need, umite all the right in one party to be again Britain's largest party and take back Downing Street. Because only united Conservatives can deliver real results for Britain.

Currently, as you know the situation of our country is not easy, we have an unacceptable Government of mismanagement that uses public funds and institutions for their benefit while thousands of British are in poverty, in unemployment or homelessness, we need a Government that works for everybody, not only for itself, and I'm sad to see how a party that used to back Conservative supports the Coalition, of course liberals will have a place in our party.

If I'm Leader, my objective will be to win the next General elections and finally fire the current Prime Minister of Mismanagement, and then se will have and will restore the complete mess created by the Coalition, because Conservatives and my candidacy have a plan to do it, we have a platform of Government that includes millions of tax cuts for our low income citizens and for our wealth creators, we have to stop the economic mess of the Coalition, Conservatives will also invest in the people by investing every year on NHS, education and helping the people sith diffculties to have a house and a place to live, because we my friends, we are the party of the people, because we are economic and socially responsible, we defend the welfare state while we defend our economy.

As I introduced in my platform, our team is the only one that has a plan to prepare our party for the next electoral challenges with the purpose to win the next General Election, fire the Prime Minister and her Coalition of Mismanagement and take back the pride of being British, but to do it I need your support, I need your vote to be the Leader of our beloved party, if elected I'll work from day 1 to achieve all my commitments and prepare the party to rule again in Downing Street.

Remember my friends, with your support we will Defeat the Coalition, Unite the Party and make it bigger and Make Britain Stronger, that's why I ask your support.

Thank you so much.

Roger Brigham
MP for Richmond Park

Parliamentary: Unknown (8)
Media: Novice (22)
Policy: Unknown (6)

ReplyQuote
General Goose
(@general-goose)
09/08/2019 10:28 pm  

It is of course no secret that I had serious differences, in both style and substance, with Dylan Macmillan, though everyone who enters the fray of frontline politics deserves respect for putting themselves out there in the name of public service. Similarly, it's no secret that I don't see eye to eye with William Croft on much - but I congratulate him to his new position and wish him all the best. 

Graham Adiputera (Lib Dem - Sutton and Cheam)
Deputy Prime Minister
Liberal Democrat Leader
Foreign Secretary
Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Climate Change
Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Technology

Parliamentary - 36
Media - 53
Policy - 48

ReplyQuote
Meredith Hansen-Charles
(@mhc)
10/08/2019 1:00 am  

I offer my congratulation to William on his election as leader. He has a long path ahead of him to detoxify the Conservative Party's image that Dylan Macmillan was so happy to cultivate, however I do wonder if Mr Croft has it in him to stand up to the party's nasty side when he has so willingly joined Mr Macmillan in encouraging it.

Meredith Hansen-Charles
Cambridge
Secretary of State for Education
Minister for Women and Equalities

"Meredith Hansen-Charles...is a deity" - Kandler/The Times

ReplyQuote
Faye Gallacher
(@faye-gallacher)
11/08/2019 4:20 am  

Though I wish him the very best, Dylan Macmillan has had a huge role in making not just the Conservative Party but British politics as a whole toxic to the point his backbenchers could feel happy to freely call over half of the British public 'bleating urban elites.' 

William Croft has stood with Macmillan during this process every step of the way and has often been at the forefront, but I strongly hope he uses his new leading role to turn a page for the Conservative Party and the country. 

"[we] would rather die than leave the Labour Party." - Emily Thornberry.

ReplyQuote
Faye Gallacher
(@faye-gallacher)
11/08/2019 4:22 am  

As Chancellor my primary role is to ensure the British economy is stable and healthy. So it worries me that for the first time in a long time we have a leader of a major political party who openly wants to compromise this by cutting ties with our biggest trading partner, costing jobs, money for our public services and creating uncertainty for business. The only reassurance I have is that William Croft seems happy to sacrifice this and any other principle he has so that he can get into power, which already seems to be the case. 

"[we] would rather die than leave the Labour Party." - Emily Thornberry.

ReplyQuote
Dan
 Dan
(@dan)
Member A-team
13/08/2019 9:49 pm  

Tories

I don’t know why you posted a speech here when you are meant to bold your taglines..... 

A surprising no show from the Conservatives , it’s like they don’t want to praise Dylan Macmillan and your new leader,  granted Macmillan resigned over social embarrassment or because he got totally lost on his way to number 10, but it would have been nice to see some praise bar Roger Bigham.

Labour 

A nice attack here, you make the Tories look wasteful, more contributions please

Lib Dems

Strong performance here from the Lib Dems, special mention to MHC who hits home

1 xp MHC

Lib dem win 

Dan

A-Team

ReplyQuote
Share: