{"effect":"fade","fontstyle":"normal","autoplay":"true","timer":4000}
Press Cycle 07 - Th...

Press Cycle 07 - The Budget  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS

William Croft
(@william-croft)
14/08/2019 7:32 pm  

While the Chancellor claims that the Government is now easing back on their agenda of increasingly high regulations, the reality couldn’t be farther from the truth. In this budget alone, the Government has raised the cost of shipping goods, placed more regulations on using British roads and trucks, and has done virtually nothing to reveal pressure on British banks struggling to provide small businesses with capital. At a time when the global economy is slowing down, now more than ever Britain needed a budget that would inject growth and shore up confidence in investing in British markets. Instead, the Government delivered a mess of new regulations that will scare off even the most adventurous investor. The Government’s budget sends a signal that our country isn’t open for business, with anti-investment policies and high regulations warding off potential companies from setting up shop in Britain. 

William Croft
Member of Parliament for Bracknell
Shadow Foreign Secretary
Chairman of the Conservative Party
Chief Whip of the Conservative party

ReplyQuote
Faye Gallacher
(@faye-gallacher)
14/08/2019 7:47 pm  

[Attached is the coalition agreement for the press to see: http://politicsuk.net/amiens/wp-content/uploads/wpforo/default_attachments/1553815530-Coalition-Agreement.pdf ]

The government has made no u-turn on its deficit commitments: this is not a Labour government, but a Labour-Liberal Democrat one. We make our deficit reduction targets clear in our coalition agreement. I challenge William Croft to go through the coalition agreement and find one deficit reduction promise that's been broken.

I would give Croft the benefit of the doubt, but he should know how coalition agreements work at this point considering he gave up on every single principle he had on Europe to cuddle up to the nationalists in Wales. 

"[we] would rather die than leave the Labour Party." - Emily Thornberry.

ReplyQuote
Faye Gallacher
(@faye-gallacher)
14/08/2019 7:50 pm  

The Conservatives have lost all sense of fiscal responsibility in their bid to chase good poll numbers. Despite saying the government's deficit reduction targets don't go far enough, the Conservative administration in Wales have promised multiple tax cuts whilst increasing spending. In Westminster it's worse - tens of billions have been pledged to cutting taxes for the rich and tens of billions have been pledged for military spending.The magic money tree we need is now turning into a magic money forest.

Not a single one of these policies have been costed for. The Conservatives know no bounds when it comes to giving handouts to the wealthiest, even if it will drive this country into fiscal oblivion.

ReplyQuote
Faye Gallacher
(@faye-gallacher)
14/08/2019 7:55 pm  

I've enjoyed William Croft's repeated patronising tone to me in the House, but it's crucial remembering that he made the exact same mistake his predecessor and the press tore my predecessor apart for in claiming that a £500 raise in personal allowance was a £500 tax cut.

I appreciate him attempting spin on behalf of the government, but when something is wrong it is wrong. William Croft wants you to believe by virtue of... him being William Croft... he is more entitled than I to run the British economy despite having no idea how our tax system works. I personally think he should spend less time sneering at women in the chamber and more time outlining his fiscal plans to the British people in detail and doing his homework. 

ReplyQuote
Caroline Blakesley
(@caroline-blakesley)
Prime Minister & MP for Hammersmith
14/08/2019 9:02 pm  

It appears the Leader of the Opposition doesn't know the difference between a regulation and a tax. He seems to think that the budget, which alters tax and spending policy, introduced numerous arduous regulations for British businesses. I challenge him to name one. The reality is that there were no regulations on businesses introduced in the budget. And, if he wants to talk about investment, we actually increased incentives to invest in research and development and increased funding for schemes designed to promote investment in new start ups. It seems like Mr Croft's spin just can't keep up with reality.

Caroline Blakesley
Prime Minister
MP for Hammersmith

Parliamentary: Unknown (13)
Media: Unknown (17)
Policy: Unknown (18)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: