Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oath of Allegiance
Before a MP can participate in any business in the House and take his seat, he or she has to swear the oath or take the solemn affirmation of allegiance. The text is as follows:

Quote:"I, (NAME), swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God".

Quote:"I, (NAME), do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law".
"I, Calvin Ward, do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law"

Tha Calvin Ward a ’mionnachadh gum bi mi dìleas agus gun toir mi fìor ùmhlachd do A Mòrachd a’ Bhanrigh Ealasaid, a h-oighrean agus a luchd-leantainn, a rèir an lagh. Mar sin cuidich mi le Dia.
"I, George Brown, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God".
I, Anthony Valerian Reigate, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
[Image: Reigate-Sig.png]
Secretary of State for Transport, Energy, and the Environment
"I, Declan James, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God".
"I, Max Power, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God".
Max Power, Labour
MP for Oxford East (1987-present)
Shadow Foreign Secretary (1994-present)
I, Lewis Graves, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
Lewis Graves
Conservative MP for Salisbury (1983-present)
Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (1994-present)
Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1994)
(Recks)
I, Dylan Macmillan, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God
I, Laura Delaney, swear by Almighty G-d that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me G-d.
Rt Hon Laura Delaney MP
Secretary of State for Defence (1994-)

Secretary of State for the Union (1994-)
Member for Stratford-on-Avon (1983-)
I, Alexander Wellesley, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
Alexander Wellesley
Member for Aberdeen South (1992 - )
Undersecretary of State for Scotland (1994 - )