Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Cycle 19: Tory Leadership Contest 1995
Open to Tory players only.

"Who will you be supporting in the leadeship contest, and why?"

Closes 21st October at 23:59BST.

Remember to bold your taglines!

Also note - one liners are frowned upon.
I am delighted to be standing for the leadership of the Conservative and Unionist party. I want a United Kingdom where every man, woman and child can make the most of every opportunity. I want a strong economy, strong public services and a United Kingdom we can all be proud of. Under my leadership we can and will deliver.
Sir Harold Saxon MP

Acting Prime Minister

Chancellor of the Exchequer (1994 - )
MP for Aylesbury
After careful consideration, I have decided to support Sir Harold Saxon in the upcoming leadership contest.

In the past, Sir Harold and I may not have agreed on every single issue. Despite this, two factors make me very comfortable in backing his bid to be the leader and Prime Minister.

The first is a strong alignment on the core fundamentals of Conservative policy. Like me, Sir Harold believes in maximizing freedom and opportunity for all our people. He believes in a fiscally responsible government. And he believes in an internationalist United Kingdom that plays a positive role in the wider world.

The second is his strength of character. During the time I have known him, Sir Harold has been an active and hard worker, a civil and polite member of the government, and someone who has always had time to listen. Those are good qualities for any new leader to have.

As much as the circumstances of the leadership election are unfortunate, I see this as a time to renew the Conservative Party and to present an exciting program for the country under Sir Harold’s leadership.
---
Mrs. Margo Leadbetter
Home Secretary and Secretary of State for DEFRA
Conservative MP for Surbiton
Saxon won. Was less exciting with one candidate but hey ho.
(bet this was an easy press cycle to review. lol)
---
Mrs. Margo Leadbetter
Home Secretary and Secretary of State for DEFRA
Conservative MP for Surbiton
Barely even read it lol