Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MS 8: Al-Muharirun
Madam Speaker

Like many nations, this country observed the recent terrorist attack in Russia with great horror. No matter what veneer of justification is provided, there is never any excuse for terrorism. Our sympathy goes to Russia and our full condemnation is issued to those who initiated this act of barbarism. 

This country has always taken a strong line against terrorism and those who support its perpetration and aims.

For this reason, and after consideration of the organization, I am today listing Al-Muharirun as a Proscribed Terrorist Organization.

This assignment brings into force a range of sanctions, including making membership and active support an arrestable offense. The police and authorities will not hesitate to act against anyone who breaches the restrictions.

The government remains vigilant to the threat of terrorism in all its forms and is closely reviewing our security requirements in light of the Russian indecent.
---
Mrs. Margo Leadbetter
Home Secretary and Secretary of State for DEFRA
Conservative MP for Surbiton
Madam Speaker,

I rise in support of this designation and thank the Right Honorable Lady for this decision.
Max Power, Labour
MP for Oxford East (1987-present)
Shadow Foreign Secretary (1994-present)
Madam Speaker

I am most grateful for the Right Honorable Gentleman's support. Whatever political differences there may be between government and opposition, all of us in this House are committed to defending the democracy and freedom that are the bedrock of our nation.
---
Mrs. Margo Leadbetter
Home Secretary and Secretary of State for DEFRA
Conservative MP for Surbiton