54 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
Andy
 Andy
(@adminandy)
Member Registered

Mr Speaker

The Ayes have it. The Ayes have it. Unlock!

This post was modified 5 years ago by Andy

ReplyQuote
Richard
(@richard)

Angela Smith, Baroness Smith of Basildon

My Lords, I propose the following amendment, to be added at the end of section 3, to offer further self-determination to the people of Wales in re the proposals in this bill.

7) This will be implemented if approved by Welsh voters in a referendum that would occur concurrently to the Welsh Parliament referendum.

Rick the Admin - The Resident Psephologist
Admin for Cabinet, PM's Office, DPM's Office, Defence, Energy, Regions, Environment, Transport, Communities, Elections, and Advisor to Labour and the Lib Dems

ReplyQuote
Richard
(@richard)

Lord Speaker

We will now vote on the amendments!

Amendment 1 - voice vote content

This bill will now be returned to the Commons!

Admin for Cabinet, PM's Office, DPM's Office, Defence, Energy, Regions, Environment, Transport, Communities, Elections, and Advisor to Labour and the Lib Dems

ReplyQuote
Richard
(@richard)

Madame Speaker

The Prime Minister will inform the House whether the Government agrees or disagrees with the Lords in their amendment!

ReplyQuote
Caroline Blakesley
(@caroline-blakesley)
Prime Minister & MP for Hammersmith

Mr Speaker, we move that the House accept the amendments.

Caroline Blakesley
Prime Minister
MP for Hammersmith

Parliamentary: Unknown (13)
Media: Unknown (17)
Policy: Unknown (18)

ReplyQuote
Richard
(@richard)

Order, second reading!

ReplyQuote
Roger Brigham
(@roger-brigham)

Madam Speaker,

I rise today with the purpose to support this bill, as a Conservative I'm proud to be a member of the party that is a clear supporter of our Union and in the same time supports Devolution for the different regions of this United Kingdom, because as democrats we defend the Union with the tools of democracy.

Wales is one of the historical nations of the United Kingdom, and as such, it deserves to be recognized, this is the purpose of the bill that the Opposition introduced. Finally Wales will have the Legislative Power it needs to develop its competences and serve better the interests of the Welsh people.

I'm glad to see how Government will support the bill, by the way, I'm surprised, because I don't understand why they support right now a different devolution process while in the Scotland Act they put all the obstacles they wanted to avoid the passing of the bill, it seems that for the Government Scottish people are second-class citizens and we can't accept that, I hope that the Scottish people will remember this in the next elections.

Roger Brigham
MP for Richmond Park

Parliamentary: Unknown (8)
Media: Novice (22)
Policy: Unknown (6)

ReplyQuote
Macmillan
(@dylan-macmillan)
MP for North East Bedfordshire Registered
Topic starter  

Mr Speaker,

For the sake of this bill and the people of Wales the Conservative Party shall be supporting the amendment offered by the other place so we can stop endlessly discussing it and start actually delivering for the Welsh nation.

Conservative MP for North East Bedfordshire
Leader of the Opposition (2014-16)

Prime Minister (2014)

Parliamentary Experience: Novice (25)
Media Experience: Experienced (62)
Policy Experience: Novice (29)

ReplyQuote
Faye Gallacher
(@faye-gallacher)
Member Registered

Madame Speaker, 

This government is proud to accept the amendment put forward to us today, as we argued in the House. The Leader of the Opposition tried to force it through - without any consultation from the Welsh people and without taking in the advice of the cross party Silk Commission. After imploring me to listen to a cross party range of voices on whether to accept a referendum on the devolution of income tax, I did so Madame Speaker and the verdict was strong: to ensure devolution was secure and legitimate income tax must be devolved with approval from a referendum. 

This government is proud to have taken part to amend this once rushed bill to ensure it is legislatively sound and that it delivered a stronger devolution package to the Welsh people. But we must be clear, after this campaign - which the Labour Party will proudly campaign for a 'Yes' vote - it is not the Conservatives who delivered devolution to Wales as the Conservative Party have undoubtedly boasted in the press. It is the Welsh people, who made their voices heard in this issue and who will, I have no doubt, vote for stronger devolution. 

"[we] would rather die than leave the Labour Party." - Emily Thornberry.

ReplyQuote
Richard
(@richard)

Division, clear the lobbies!

ReplyQuote
William Croft
(@william-croft)
Member Registered

Aye 

William Croft
Member of Parliament for Bracknell
Shadow Foreign Secretary
Chairman of the Conservative Party
Chief Whip of the Conservative party

ReplyQuote
Thomas Reynolds
(@isaac)
Member Registered

Aye.

ReplyQuote
Faye Gallacher
(@faye-gallacher)
Member Registered

Aye

"[we] would rather die than leave the Labour Party." - Emily Thornberry.

ReplyQuote
Roger Brigham
(@roger-brigham)

Aye

Roger Brigham
MP for Richmond Park

Parliamentary: Unknown (8)
Media: Novice (22)
Policy: Unknown (6)

ReplyQuote
(@steven-andrews)

Aye