PC: Blakesley at 10...

Notifications
Clear all

PC: Blakesley at 10 Downing Street

Caroline Blakesley
(@caroline-blakesley)
Prime Minister & MP for Hammersmith
Topic starter  

The Prime Minister arrived at 10 Downing Street in her ministerial car, where she was joined by her husband and children. Stepping out of her car, she addressed the assembled press and supporters.

Thank you.

I just returned from Buckingham Palace where I met with Her Majesty The Queen and accepted her invitation to form a government in her name.

I understand that these are unique circumstances under which to become Prime Minister. Since 2013, I am the sixth Prime Minister of this nation: three of whom have been Conservative, and now three of whom have been Labour. Three Prime Ministers served our nation in the past fortnight. That is not acceptable. That is disgraceful. That must end. The infighting and controversy that plagued each administration since the resignation of Prime Minister Cameron left a stain on the reputation of Britain. This is not just a stain in the eyes of the British people, but a stain in the eyes of the world. That ends today. It is time for government to govern - a phenomenon in recent years.

When people look at Whitehall and Westminster with cynicism, it is the fault of all involved parties. We politicians spring at the moment of convenience, regardless of the hypocrisy that it reveals in them. We see leaders that fail to lead, that fail to take their duties seriously in our parliamentary system and under our constitution. We see idealogues who strive to be all things to all people. These are not uniquely left wing or right wing phenomena. But they are all indicative of a political system and level of toxicity that fails the British people. It is our duty, our responsibility, to abandon these past actions and move forward with dignity and purpose.

As I take office as Prime Minister, or as the door I am about to enter reads, First Lord of the Treasury, I am reminded of the words of the Apostle Luke: “For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.” Those who hold high office have great responsibility, the trust of a nation and her people, and a sacred duty to deliver - of them, much is required. I shall expect nothing less than excellence from those that join me in Cabinet; I shall offer nothing less than my complete commitment, total devotion, and boundless service to the people of Britain.

I ask only for the trust of the people of Britain to demonstrate, once again, that government can work for you. I was raised with the teaching that one must do all the good that they can, for all the people that they can, for as long as they can. And for the people of Britain, that means working every day to ensure that those in low pay can receive the hand up to earn more. That means ensuring every person in our nation has access to quality care when they need it, regardless of socioeconomic status and regardless of age. That means ensuring every child can get the education or training that they required to succeed in our economy. That means taking climate change seriously and working to build a carbon free environment, not just in our nation, but in our world. That means fighting extremists and terrorists wherever they may hide and defending the British people from their machinations. This Government, and I am completely in agreement with Mr Adiputera on these principles, will strive to achieve these goals and we will do so admirably.

I’m happy to take a few questions now before Mr Adiputera arrives.

Caroline Blakesley
Prime Minister
MP for Hammersmith

Parliamentary: Unknown (13)
Media: Unknown (17)
Policy: Unknown (18)

Kandler
(@kandler)
Member A-team

Inevitably you get a honeymoon bump for being a new Prime Minister with a new vision. People didn't really expect Caroline Blakesley to come to the fore, but the English at least are just glad you're not Gallacher. You're seen as a moderate, which will help you to build cross-party appeal: but the left, who voted for Suchet, are sceptical. A good speech which plays well, but people are getting fed up with having new Prime Ministers every ten minutes and want you to get on with it.

Administrator
Labour Party Adviser
Foreign Office and Ministry of Defence Moderator
Media Supremo

ReplyQuote
Share: