Fracking Act 2021

The First Reading, where legislation is briefly introduced to the House, before debate begins.
Dan
A-team
A-team
XP: 0
Trait(s): None
Discord username: Dan

Fracking Act 2021

Post by Dan »

Fracking Ban Act 2021

Key Provisions:

1. All Fracking activities will be immediately suspended following the passage of this bill.
2. Fracking will be made illegal, with Companies facing a 10% fine of revenue and Company Directors facing a prison sentence of up to five years if found in breach
3. Legislation concerning fracking will be amended as necessary by this bill
4. This bill applies to England only
Dan
A-team
A-team
XP: 0
Trait(s): None
Discord username: Dan

Re: Fracking Act 2021

Post by Dan »

Mr Speaker,

I rise to present the Fracking Act to the house, which I hope the government will allow to be debated.

Under this legislation, all fracking activities will be immediately suspended following this bill recieving royal assent, fracking will also be considered to be an offence following this bill recieving royal assent. If companies countinue to carry out fracking, they will face heavy fines of 10% of revenue and company directors will face a prison sentence of up to five years if found in breach.

Mr Speaker, Fracking is dangerous and many countries have taken steps to make it illegal in their country, England must follow suit. The Welsh Government and the Scottish Government have already taken steps to make fracking illegal in their countries.

I hope the government will allow this to be debated and commend this bill to the house

Return to “First Reading”