(Name Drop Goes Here)
(Name Drop Goes Here)
XP: 14
Trait(s): None
Discord username: Blakesley

2015 Queen's Speech

Post by Blakesley »

2015 State Opening of Parliament

On a bright day, Hildegard Brown was taken to the Tower of London as the Crown's hostage before Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II departed Buckingham Palace for the Palace of Westminster for the State Opening of Parliament. After arriving and being property robed, Her Majesty arrived at the House of Lords and took her seat on the throne, with Prince Philip by her side, and invited the lords to be seated.

""My Lords, pray be seated."

Meanwhile, in the House of Commons, the Hon Members were going about their day when the Chief Doorkeeper saw the Gentleman Usher of the Black Rod approach and slammed the doors of the House in his face. Hearing three loud raps on the door, they were opened ant the Black Rod was allowed to enter, bowing to the Speaker before approaching and declaring,

"Mr Speaker, The Queen commands this honourable House to attend Her Majesty immediately in the House of Peers."

The members of the House of Commons, led by the Speaker, sauntered over to the House of Lords and assembled at the bar of the House of Lords. The Queen gave the Speech from the Throne as follows:
My Lords and Members of the House of Commons,

My Government is committed to once and for all ending austerity in the United Kingdom.

My Government will introduce a budget that will promote dynamic, sustainable growth that will uplift working people and redistribute wealth from the few to the many.

My Government will raise the Minimum Wage each year until we have established a National Living Wage of £10 by the end of this Parliament.

My Government will invest into our nation’s vital public services providing our schools, National Health Service, and emergency services with the money they need to build, grow and develop after years of devastating austerity.

My Government will establish a National Investment Bank to invest directly into our economy reversing the damage done by years of austerity. This Bank will be mandated to deliver investment for the public good focusing on tackling climate change, promoting sustainable development and delivering the infrastructure this country needs in a way that benefits all people across the whole of the United Kingdom.

My Government will repeal and replace Universal Credit, abolish the arbitrary welfare cap, repeal the Bedroom Tax and end the 5-week waiting time for Universal Credit payments.

My Government will move urgently to address the national epidemic of homelessness, investing £1 billion in emergency funding immediately through the nation’s consolidated fund.

My Government will eliminate the deficit by the end of this Parliament, focusing on asking the wealthiest few to pay their fair share in tax and cracking down on tax avoidance.

My Government will introduce a new Trade Union Bill that will strengthen the powers afforded to unions to protect working people, and will expand individual and collective rights held by employees in the workplace.

My Government will introduce legislation to end the private sector’s involvement in our National Health Service, and lay the groundwork for plans to bring rail, mail, and the energy industry into public ownership by the end of this Parliament.

My Government will introduce legislation requiring all corporations that employ over 200 employees to publish their gender and race pay gaps.

My Government will take action this year to ensure we end the public sector pay gap over the course of this Parliament.

My Government will introduce legislation to crack down on corporate tax theft.

My Government will introduce legislation to end abusive zero hour contracts.

My Government will introduce a new Immigration Bill that will strengthen our borders, and deliver a controlled and just immigration system.

My Government will introduce new legislation to ban the production, sale, and distribution of “legal highs” while aggressively pursuing those involved in the trade.

My Government will introduce measures to expand access to legal aid, particularly for victims of domestic abuse.

My Government will fulfill the United Kingdom’s moral obligation to support peoples displaced by violence and instability, and will work with our allies to develop an international resettlement plan that will include our country’s aim of taking in 100,000 Syrian refugees over the course of this Parliament.

My Government will ensure Britain remains a force for good around the globe. My Government will leverage our leadership position in the United Nations and other international organisations to advance the interests of the global poor, honour our commitment to NATO and the organisation’s military defence spending obligations, and strengthen our membership of the European Union by implementing the reforms agreed in 2015.

My Government will retain and renew Britain's nuclear deterrent, and will work with the international community to pursue multilateral nuclear disarmament.

My Government will ensure that Britain remains a committed partner in the international effort to diminish Daesh in Syria, while working with our allies to secure the phased withdrawal of British forces from Iraq and Afghanistan.

My Government will protect the men and women who serve in our nation’s Armed Forces by ordering a modern Strategic Defense Review this year, enshrining the Military Covenant into the NHS Constitution, and protecting military pay.

My Government will declare a climate emergency, sign the Paris Climate Agreement, and bring forth new measures to radically increase our country’s investment in green energy and technologies, sparking a Green Industrial Revolution in our country.

My Government will lower tuition fees by £6,000 this year and legislate to abolish them altogether by the end of this Parliament, making university free for all.

My Government will extend free childcare to 25 hours for working parents with children ages 3 to 4 years old.

My Government will extend free school meals to all primary school students, funded by the removal of VAT exemptions for private school fees.

My Government will dramatically increase access to affordable housing and ramp up the construction of new homes across the country by implementing the recommendations of the Lyons Housing Review.

My Government will introduce legislation to expand rights and security for renters, by guaranteeing three-year tenancies and ceilings on excessive rent rises.

My Government will introduce legislation extending the right to vote to citizens ages 16 and 17.

My Government will introduce the Scottish Home Rule Act this year, substantially expanding Scottish devolution on tax, welfare and jobs.

My Government will introduce a Wales Act this year, following the recommendations of the Silk Commission, expanding Welsh devolution, and establishing a principle of reserved powers for the Welsh Assembly.

My Government will legislate this year to implement the recommendations made by the Leveson Inquiry.

Members of the House of Commons:

Estimates for the public services will be laid before you.

My Lords and Members of the House of Commons:

Other measures will be laid before you.

I pray that the blessing of Almighty God may rest upon your counsels.
Her Majesty then departed the Palace of Westminster and Hildegard Brown was released from the Tower of London in time to attend the debate on the Address in Reply.
Blakesley
Labour Advisor | Foreign & Defence | Biographies