STOP THE STEAL RALLY

Your opportunity to communicate with your adoring public.
Ege
Labour MP
Labour MP
Constituency: North Somerset
XP: 5
Trait(s): None
Discord username: Ege#5944

STOP THE STEAL RALLY

Post by Ege »

Labour MPs Corinne Lloyd, Kate Hoey, Graham Stringer, Tory ERG MPs, Former Prime Minister William Croft, Former Home Secretary and Tory Leader Michael Howard, Former Chancellor of the Exchequer Nigel Lawson, former UKIP Leader Nigel Farage, ALU Leader George Galloway all attended the Stop The Steal Rally in Mansfield.

Corinne Lloyd speaking

Good afternoon Mansfield,

Today we are here with people from all sides of the political spectrum, all sides of this great island and we have one common message to Westminster, come on let’s say it all: STOP THE STEAL! (crowd shouts the slogan, admins disregard this if this is too much)

We have elected representatives from all parties, a former Prime Minister, prominent community leaders and national leaders, former Great State Cabinet holders, cabinet officials and party leaders, among us. All of us have different ideas, ideologies and desires for Brexit but we are all united on the belief that this supposed deal the government has delivered is not Brexit. This government is stealing Brexit and giving us what we had in the past but a worse version of it. Let me explain what this deal is doing to our country and what will come out of it before how I believe we should proceed.

This deal proposed will keep us in the Single Market, what this means is that we will continue to have unrestricted, uncontrolled and damaging immigration from EU countries and future EU countries like Turkey. We have voted against that, we have voted to stop unrestricted immigration, we have voted to take control back, we have voted to stop the damage that comes out of it. For far too long we have allowed companies to exploit workers both British and immigrant ones, have them pitted against each other in a race to the bottom in wages, benefits and rights. This has devastated communities in Scotland, England and in communities like mine in Wales. This will go on and it will get worse because the EU's ever expanding and closer union. The EU is on the path to add 89 million people into it and frankly that will allow more people to come into Britain and will make things worse. We had a chance to control what was going on and have options on it. We had the chance to control how much we would take and what would happen, it is slipping away from our hands because this government chose that appeasing the Westminster establishment is more important than 17,4 million people’s will to leave the EU.

The government claims that we have the freedom to make our own trade deals, which is only part of the whole situation. We would be free to negotiate our own deals but we won’t be able to set the terms on the issues. Our new trade deals must be EU compliant in areas where EU rules and laws trump British rules and law. We wouldn’t be able to form a fully-fledged Commonwealth Trade Area as it was suggested by many during the Brexit campaign and afterwards. We would be tied to trade arrangements the EU made without our input but yes technically we would be able to sign a bilateral trade agreement just not have much control over what is in it. Is that the Brexit we voted for? No. This government is stealing the Brexit we voted for and we must Stop The Steal.

Now the next part I want to talk about is a bit controversial and not supported by some of the people in attendance today but I can assure you all of us believe that we the British people should get the choice and control over it should we want to do it, nationalisation. Under this arrangement, we will still be compliant under the damned State Aid rules that makes it practically impossible to nationalise industries. This is a very important cause for many Brexiteers like me and in many of the industrial towns. Folks, even if you do not support nationalisation, I believe that all of us believe that this is a debate and decision for us, the British people and under this deal control over this decision will be taken away from us.

In short, we voted for Brexit to take back control of many things. For some of us it's about trade deals, for others it's about immigration or nationalisation and this government is hijacking and stealing our Brexit. We have to stand up and show them that this is not okay, this is not acceptable. Right now the Parliament is debating this horrendous deal and I will and many of us here will make your voices heard but folks we need your help, we can not do this without your support and aid. Call your MPs, call your friends and family to make sure that they call their MPs. As an MP I can assure you the thing that scares most MPs is that getting flooded with phone calls from our constituents and nothing convinces people more than hearing from friends and family. Call your MP, call your friends and family and ask them to call their own MPs to tell them Stop the Steal.

Thank you very much.
Annette Faure MP
Member for Blackpool South (2015-present)

Return to “Press Office”